This Terms and Conditions was last updated: 4.02.2017.
This Terms and Conditions describes rules and disclaimers under which you can use The Website and any information and content provided on The Website including ratings and ratings reports.
In this Terms and Conditions, also on The Website and in any materials or content related to The Website we use the following definitions:
IISRI® - Shall always refer to Independent Information Security Rating Institute Ltd. IISRI® is a registered and protected trademark owned by Independent Information Security Rating Institute Ltd.
ASO – Shall always refer to Assessed Services and Organization
AO – Shall always refer to Assessed Organization
Rating – Shall always refer to IISRI® statements of opinion, not statements of fact or recommendation
External Security Rating – Shall always refer to IISRI® rating based only on publicly available information
Internal Security Rating – Shall always refer to IISRI® rating based on publicly available and volountary provided information by the AO
The Public – Shall always refer to any individual person or organisation
The Website – Shall always refer to any websites and applications within iisri.com domain
2. Terms and Conditions applicability
It is your responsibility to read this terms and conditions.
3. IISRI® Services and Information provided to you
IISRI® provides you with:
- publicly available and free ratings
- rating reports – paid reports of IISRI® opinion which led to the rating
- free external rating service – you can request IISRI® to assess and issue an external rating to any services or/and organization on the world. IISRI® at sole discretion may or may not procced with your request
- free internal rating service – any organization can request IISRI® to assess and issue an internal rating to their services or/and their organization. IISRI® at sole discretion may or may not procced with their request
- use or attempt to use any website mining tools, mirroring tools, and take copy of any information and or materials from The Website
- obtain or access, attempt to obtain or access through any means any information or content on The Website that have not been made intentionally publicly available in any meaning;
- test the security of any of IISRI® servers, infrastructure, networks applications and The Website without written permission of IISRI®
- interfere or attempt to interfere with The Website by excessive load, traffic or requests
- Reverse engineer rating framework as this may indirect lead to the actionable confidence breach (according to New Zealand Crime Act 1981) and put the public and their information at risk
- for Corrections: subject has to contain words “CORRECTIONS” and a report license number. In the message please put the location of the inaccurate statement (Page and line number). Provide also the information that is accurate in your opinion by referencing to or attaching evidence and finally your argumentation. For external security ratings, you can only refer to publicly available information.
- for Response: subject has to contain words “RESPONSE” and a report license number. In the message please put your response which you want to be published on our website (on your organization rating page)
4. Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and any information and content related to The Website is the property of IISRI® or is based on the publicly available information providers, and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. The Website cannot be reproduced, copied or distributed without written permission of IISRI®. You shall honour all reasonable requests by IISRI® to protect IISRI® proprietary interests in The Website and the related content.
5. Forbidden Use Policy
You agree to follow this Forbidden Use Policy. You will not:
6. Complaints, Corrections & Response Processes
We encourage the assessed organizations and the public to review and clarify any inaccuracies in our reports. IISRI aims to provide an opinion as accurate as possible but also in an objective manner. If you as the assessed organisation think that you have found inaccuracy or omissions in our statements you can follow our Corrections process. The Public can notify IISRI about any inaccuracy or omissions via the “Public Contribution” link on our website.
In the Corrections process IISRI verifies all suggested corrections within 7 days and sends the response to the requestor. If the suggested correction was valid we will modify the related report. In addition, if the suggested correction has any impact on the granted rating, we will publish the rectification on our main website.
We also encourage the assessed organizations to provide their management response to our ratings to better inform their customers. The “Response” process is available only to assessed organizations to respect their brand and reputation protection rights. If you want to add your comment as a response to our rating to inform the public, please send your response to email@example.com. If appropriate, we will publish “your response” on the rating page of your organization without modifications.
Finally, the Complaint process is available for all other type of requests. Please send your response to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form.
To initiate the Corrections or Response process, please send us an email to email@example.com and include the following information:
IISRI® DOES NOT GUARANTY THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR AVAILABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT INCLUDING RATINGS AND RELATED MATERIALS, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE, OR FOR THE RESULT OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION. IISRI® RATINGS ARE STATEMENTS OF OPINION, NOT STATEMENTS OF FACTS OR RECOMMENDATION TO USE/BUY SERVICES OR COOPERATE WITH ORGANIZATIONS. THEREFORE, IISRI® GIVES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO YOU (OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY) OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE. ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR OTHER ERRORS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL IISRI® OR OUR STAFF BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER FORM OF LIABILITY, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, COMPENSATORY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, COSTS, EXPENSES, LEGAL FEES, OR LOSSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION TO DEFAMATION, REPUTATION LOST, INCOME LOST OR PROFITS LOST AND OPPORTUNITY COSTS OR LOSSES CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE). THE LIMITATIONS ON OUR LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY PARTY SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT IISRI® OR OUR STAFF HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING. ALL INFORMATION AND MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS.
IISRI® RATINGS ARE STATEMENT OF OPINION EXPRESSED BY SECURITY EXPERTS. ANYONE CAN BUILD HIS OWN RATING FRAMEWORK, WHICH MAY LEAD TO DIFFERENT OPINIONS. FURTHER, IT WOULD BE RECKLESS FOR ANYONE TO MAKE ANY DECISION BASED ON IISRI® RATINGS. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR SECURITY OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVISER.
AS SOME LEGAL JURISDICTIONS, DO NOT ALLOW SOME OF THE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS AS ESTABLISHED ABOVE, SOME OF THESE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THAT EVENT, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE AND YOU ARE OBLIGED TO LEAVE THE WEBSITE.
8. Legal Jurisdiction
Independent Information Security Rating Institute Ltd. is a New Zealand registered company. This terms and conditions and The Website is governed in all respects by the laws of New Zealand.